Extensive Relevant Experience:
- Founded and led a New Mexico technology company for 25 years.
- Met payroll for dozens of employees as the CEO.
- Served Bernalillo, Corrales and Rio Rancho as a New Mexico State Representative.
- Served and represented America abroad as a Foreign Service Officer in the Department of State.
- Led the Federal Voting Assistance Program for the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt, Germany, 2011-2012, to increase our military vote.
- Founder and Executive Director for NM Open Elections, a non-profit focused on increasing voter turnout.
- Knowledgeable on election code and election reform measures as a volunteer advocate.
- Four plus years cyber security policy experience in government and private sector.
- Awarded a B.A. in Government from Pomona College.
- Awarded a M.S. in Healthcare Administration from University of Maryland.
Issues I Will Address:
- Place the right number of voting machines at the right locations to reduce wait times and increase the vote
- Use voting centers and mobile vans to make it easier and more pleasant to vote throughout Sandoval County
- Provide leadership within the NM State County Clerk’s Association to support common sense election reform measures
- Provide state-wide leadership on critical election security measures
- Place on-line real estate and public records held by the Clerk’s Office as permitted by law; implement an e-commerce platform to make purchases easy and secure
- Implement a passport services office so that residents can apply for passports through the Clerk’s office
Specific Skills and Experience Applicable to County Clerk:
- The Consular section of an Embassy or Consulate keeps all records of foreign births of Americans and makes a determination of U.S. citizenship eligibility. I worked in and/or led Consular sections at the U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt, Germany, the U.S. Embassy in The Gambia (West Africa) and the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa, Canada.
- I issued visas to foreign nationals who wanted to visit or live in the U.S. making complex decisions about who was qualified.
- Vetted many applicants for possible terrorist and criminal connections working closely with many U.S. Federal agencies.
- Issued emergency passports to Americans.
- Performed much of the record keeping and document evaluation and organization that our County Clerk’s office does.
- Led the Federal Voting Assistance Program for two years in Frankfurt, Germany where I helped register our military and Americans living abroad to increase voter turnout.
- Worked as Deputy Director of Fraud Section in Frankfurt trained to detect falsified documents.
- Trained and certified to be a Voter Registration Agent currently.